Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Post 32: Great People

Especially one great lady.
I have lived close to this woman for some years now, and as a child I found her boring.
Now, however, I try to find time to visit her when I can. After all, it's not something everyone can do, visiting a woman who will celebrate her one-hundred-and-third birthday this coming Valentine's Day.
Yes, you read that right.
She will be 103 years old in 13-ish days.
She has taught me so much. So much. and sadly, I can't seem to find the words to say exactly what those things are. She is an extremely interesting person, who (despite her age) is still on top of everything. She remembers who is where and what's been happening lately in all of her neighbors' lives.
I'm grateful for this woman, and the chance I've had to get to know her a little bit in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment