Monday, February 27, 2012

Post 58: Facebook Pokes

Allow me to share with you something I wrote spontaneously about Facebook posts.
I think I may use this in Drama as a monologue.




"Hey.
I poked you on Facebook last night. And it would mean a lot to me if you poked me back. You might think that pokes annoying and useless, but believe me.

Pokes are important.

Most people just don't understand! When I poke a girl on Facebook, I'm not just trying to annoy her. I'm sending them a signal. A large, almost-fist-shaped, blue signal that couldn't be more clear. It's saying "Hey! Look at me! I want to be a part of your life! Notice me, even if it's just for this one moment."
That's what a poke is. A way to help somebody realize you exist.

But not always.

Sometimes, pokes are what I use to say "Hey babe, I think you're hotter than a backyard barbecue grill in the middle of July."

Other times, pokes are what I use to exact my revenge on those who have done me wrong. Those knavish, worthless, incapable souls who don't understand the inner-workings of a virtual life. I poke them so they will constantly be reminded of how much I despise them.
Those pokes are of a more rare, precious breed.

But my favorite pokes to send are the ones I send that say "You are beautiful to me." The ones that state "I think you are gorgeous, and because I am infatuated with your beastly good looks, I watch you sleep at night."

Those pokes are the best ones. The ones that announce "I stalk you, because I care."

So.

I poked you on Facebook last night.
And it would mean a lot to me if you would poke me back."







I'm grateful for Facebook pokes.
For obvious reasons.

1 comment: