Sunday, June 17, 2012

June 17, 2012: Latin Roots

While talking to someone today, I made up a word.
And it was a real word.
And I felt smart.
I told my friend how I felt. She asked for a speech.
So I wrote the following:

Once, I wasn't smart. I was an ignorant child, just like many of you are now. 

But then, one day, I had a teacher who was different. I had a teacher who was excited about life.

A teacher who taught us all a person ever needs to know in life - Latin roots.

I know. I know. You're probably all thinking "Wait! What about math, and history, and all those other 

things that teachers say are important?"

To those of you thinking that, I have this to say:

Your teachers are lying to you.

Math?

Please. Numbers do nothing for you, aside from buying candy at the local grocery store.

But Latin roots... Those are the biggies.

They give you such freedom, such confidence in life, that you will start doing big things.

Things like making up a word for a situation, and finding out later that the word already existed, that 

the word meant what you meant it to mean, and that you used it correctly.

Latin roots, my friends. Latin roots.

If you can sound smart, people around you will think you are smart.

And if you are surrounded by people who think you are smart, you ARE smart.

Thank you.


And that was that.


Also, it's my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment