Saturday, January 14, 2012

Post 13: Geeky Card Games

I'm writing this post a day late, and I apologize for that. I wasn't home yesterday long enough to write a post. So today you get TWO posts! Post 14 will be forthcoming.

Now. Geeky card games. Pokemon, Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and all of the other ones we pretend we don't like anymore. Because even though we say they're dumb, they're fun! There's such a great feeling that comes when you completely obliterate your opponent's defenses and get to watch them flail around like fish out the water before they die.
Or at least, so I've been told. I haven't won a game of cards in months. It's hard to remember what victory feels like.
But that doesn't mean I can't be grateful for the wonderful opportunities I get in life to geek-out and spend a few hours talking about converted mana costs, +1/+1 counters, activated abilities, and other things that don't make any sense to the uninitiated.

1 comment: